The European Commission has announced that a new call for the European Green Deal will be published in September 2020.
The call will be looking for pilot applications, demonstration projects and innovative products that are in line with the Green Deal priority areas.
The call will contain the following 11 areas:
- Increasing climate ambition: cross-sectoral challenges
- Clean, affordable and secure energy
- Industry for a clean and circular economy
- Energy and resource-efficient buildings
- Sustainable and smart mobility
- Farm to Fork
- Restoring biodiversity and ecosystem services
- Zero-pollution, toxic-free environment
- Strengthening our knowledge in support of the European Green Deal
- Empowering citizens for transition towards a climate neutral, sustainable Europe
- Accelerating the clean energy transition and access in partnership with Africa
The calls will be published mid-September and it is expected that the deadline for submission of the proposals will be end of January 2021.